- Placing an Order & Stock Availability
- All items offered on our website are subject to availability. We endeavour to advise on our website any items that are currently out of stock, wherever possible. If an item ordered is out of stock we will notify you within two working days of your order being placed. We shall advise you of the likely time scale of any delay, but you are of course at liberty to cancel your order.
- Orders for any of our products can be placed via our webiste, by telephoning our Sales Team on 01332 293030.
- All required fields and sections of our order forms must be completed with the correct information.
- We aim to process and dispatch all orders as quickly as possible - usually within two working days.
- All orders are checked by our sales team for the security of both you and us. Our sales team may request proof of address and/or proof of identification from you before your order can be processed. If this is the case we will contact you giving you full details of what is required.
- If you are paying for your order by credit or debit card we may carry out checks or "authorisations" with the card issuer for security reasons. If any problems occur with the authorisation of your credit or debit card we will contact you with further details. If either of these occur we will contact you and advise you of the situation.
- Complications caused by any of the above in Clauses 1.3 - 1.6 may cause a delay in the processing and dispatch of your order.
- Payment and Ownership of Goods
- We accept accepts most major Credit & Debit Card payments via our on-line website. These payments are Credit checked and final payment authorisation given, via appointed and accredited 3rd Party Credit Agency (e.g. WorldPay etc.). tiletown.co.uk cannot take any responsibility for the non-authorisation of on-line payments howsoever caused or for any subsequent delay in delivery, when authorisation is queried or additional Credit checking processes are involved.
- If Payments are declined or queried by the appointed and accredited 3rd Party Credit checking agency, tiletown.co.uk reserve the sole right to employ additional Credit checking measures in order to confirm or qualify the authenticity of the Buyer. tiletown.co.uk cannot accept any liability for any delay, or cost incurred by the Buyer as a result of a delay in the Credit authorisation process.
- Goods supplied by us remain our property until the goods are paid for in full.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between the Buyer and tiletown.co.uk will take place upon the despatch to the Buyer of the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we will not accept your order, or you have cancelled it.
- Orders are accepted and promises for delivery given, conditionally upon our being able to secure the necessary material and /or goods and without responsibility for delays arising through risks and uncertainties of manufacture, strike, accidents, or other causes beyond our direct control.
- Payment for the goods shall in itself constitute an acceptance of and agreement to these general Terms & Conditions.
- Product Warranty
- The supply of goods does not mean that they are suitable for a specific installation. tiletown.co.uk can only be held responsible for any failure against products supplied, to the extent that the manufacturer of such products is prepared to guarantee the same. No tiles are guaranteed against crazing.
- Some variations in size, shape, manufacturing tolerance, shading and pattern are inherent in the manufacture of tiles and therefore the Seller accepts no liability. All Natural Stone goods are supplied subject to natural colour and shade variations.
- Where a significant area is to be tiled, it is the responsibility of the Tiler or Tradesperson to use where possible, goods from a variety of separate boxes to ensure that any batch, colour, shading and quality variances are minimised.
- Any fault, quality or shading issue with the tiles supplied will remain the responsibility of the manufacturer. tiletown.co.uk will accept no responsibility for further or subsequent loss or expense, if the tiles are faulty, or not to the acceptance of the Buyer. Any such issues will be passed to the manufacturers, whereby any claims will become solely the manufacturer’s liability, disclaimers or notes printed on boxes or packaging will become the responsibility of the Buyer to read and accept, prior to use or fixing.
- Any claim by the Buyer, which is based on any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods, or their failure to correspond with specification, shall (whether or not the delivery is refused, by the Buyer) be expected to notify the Seller in writing, within 2 working days, from delivery. If delivery is refused and the Buyer does not notify the Seller accordingly, the Seller shall have no liability for such defect or failure and the Buyer shall be bound to pay the price as if the Goods had been delivered in accordance with the Contract.
- Where any valid claim in respect of any defect in the quality or condition of the Goods, or their failure to meet specification is notified to tiletown.co.uk, in accordance with these conditions, tiletown.co.uk shall be entitled to replace the Goods (or the part under query) free of charge or at the Companies sole discretion, refund to the Buyer the price of the Goods (or a proportionate part of the price) however, tiletown.co.uk will have no further liability to the Buyer.
- Tiletown.co.uk cannot, under any circumstances accept any financial demands from the Buyer for late delivery, incorrect supply of goods, or incorrect delivery. tiletown.co.uk respectfully recommends that the Buyer does not book a Tiler or Tradesman, until the goods have been delivered to the desired location, signed for and quality checked. The risk in relation to the goods passes to the Buyer at the point of physical delivery, at the time of delivery.
- Tiletown.co.uk shall not be liable to the Buyer, or be deemed to be in breach of the Contract by reason of any delay in performing, or if any failure to perform, was due to any cause beyond the Companies reasonable control. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the following shall be regarded, although not exclusively, as causes beyond the Companies control; Act of God, Explosion, Flood, Tempest, Adverse Weather conditions, Fire or Accident, War or threat of War, Sabotage, Civil Unrest, Import / Export regulations and embargoes, Fuel availability, Strikes, Industrial action, Raw material availability, Power failure or disruptions and breakdowns in vehicles or machinery.
- It is the Buyers responsibility to notify tiletown.co.uk of any circumstances that may affect the delivery of goods. i.e. Parking restrictions, Vehicular access due to height or width, Gravel or uneven driveways, Building sites, High rise apartments (with or without lifts) etc. Failure to communicate relevant information to tiletown.co.uk prior to delivery may result in additional costs for the re-supply being incurred by the Buyer and may also increase the re-delivery lead time.
- Before fixing, the Buyer should ensure that they are satisfied that the goods supplied, are correct to the original order. All items should be thoroughly unpacked and inspected as soon as possible. Should you have any queries or questions at this stage, relating to the supply, damage, shading or any other fault, please contact our sales team on 01332 293030
- Tiletown.co.uk must be notified by email, facsimile or in writing, within a maximum of 2 working days from delivery relating to any claims by the Buyer relating to any shortage or damage to goods in transit. Failure to communicate problems may result in additional costs for re-supply being incurred and may also increase the re-delivery lead time.
- When you use the web site, you may provide us with personal information about yourself. We use such
information to confirm any order details, fulfil your orders, deal with your queries, and send you information about our products and services and for the purpose of record keeping. We will not release, offer or sell any personal information you provide, to other third parties without first seeking your permission.
- It is the customer's responsibility for the safe return of all goods. All items returned under our 7 day right to cancel under the ‘Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000’ You must also return the Product(s) to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost. When returning the Products to us you must ensure that you use a reputable carrier, that the Products are appropriately packaged to protect them in transit. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. Only undamaged (or resalable) returned goods will then be refunded.
- Due to the cost of haulage and the increased risk of tiles being damaged in transit, tiletown.co.uk does not offer a returns policy (AFTER THE 7 DAY PERIOD COVERED BY 6.1 ABOVE). We have a sample service to ensure you are 100% happy with you choice of tile made. By requesting a sample you have the opportunity to see the tile before you make your purchase.
Tile Town comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 ("the Act") in all our dealings with your personal data. If you make an enquiry by email on our website or request information about our products and other services, you will need to give to us personal information such as your name, email address, business or home address and telephone number. We will use this information to answer your enquiry or to send you the requested information or literature required.
This web site is operated by:
15 Enterprise Way,
Jubilee Business Park,
Our VAT registration number is 543 7032 60
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of this web site is done at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your own computer system, or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
This site, including the content and information provided within, is governed by the laws of England.